.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In Like Flynn.

by Louis Bertrand Shalako

c2010

All Rights Reserved


Today I spent some time familiarizing myself with OpenOffice 3.2.0 and made a couple of test files. The last one has a size of 4.25 X 6.875" and that one looks okay.

The first few times I tried to set the password on Goodreads, the link was broken right in the middle and that ain't going to work, but we got her fixed. Now we are good to go. At this point, we have uploaded our four e-books into the system, and cover images and stuff like that will be available later tonight. (If not already.)

We were interested to see that the data came from Barnes and Noble--in Goodreads, if you become interested in their author program, you can search your titles right there. Just type them in, it's a bibliophile website after all.

We are indeed in Barnes & Noble with 'Paranoid Cat and other tales,' for sure. B & N sells the Nook reader, as I recall. The other books must be there or will soon appear there.

It would seem that taking a look at our Smashwords Distribution Channel Manager was a good thing to do once in a while, and clicking on that 'ISBN' thingy might not have been a mistake--there is some controversy as to whether e-books should have a separate and distinct ISBN for every variation of format, i.e. an ISBN for your txt, your PDF, your Epubs...I make no comment, but you have to respect the retailer's requirements or you just ain't getting in. Did I say ain't?

'I'm just some boy who grew up in a holler.' (Chuck Yeager.)

There was someone else...oh, yes. I had better check to see if we're in Diesel.

So tomorrow we start the POD file for a Lulu of a edition of 'The Case of the Curious Killers,' which I guess you could say is coming soon in paperback to a fine online bookstore near you.

Over the course of December I really haven't written much. I haven't submitted very many stories. But if I managed to nail another four to six outlets for my books, then I'm doing okay.

We are 'In Like Flynn.'

With time and a little luck, 'Case' might even be sitting on a shelf in a 'real' bookstore, sooner than even I might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the blog posts, art or editing.