.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A New Life?

c2011 (S)


My elderly father is safely in the old age home. He has Parkinson's Disease, and I could no longer look after him.

His house has been sold, and is mostly cleaned out. The new people take possession soon.

When he first went in, it was such a blessed relief. I have no qualms of guilt in saying that. Either he went in, or we might have been dealing with multiple casualties.

So now I will have my own place for the first time in eight years. I've earned it.

In the past year or year and a half, I have dealt with my share of stress, more or less successfully, much of the time.

I guess you could say I did a good job.

My brother and sister helped enormously, and I thank them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the blog posts, art or editing.